The Second Day in Wellington (Part 2)

Travelling period: June 2015, I was 10 years old

Finding back our car was a bit tough because we had to rely on our memory. Luckily we have all good ones. This was it! I was finally getting my tickets for the soccer match! We headed to the train station as our next stop to buy the tickets. We had our lunch first before we bought our tickets. When we arrived at the ticket counter at the Train Station, to our disappointment, the store ran out of tickets. So we had to go to the stadium. Fortunately, it was just a 10-minute walk way from the train station. The seller told us that we just need just pass by the platforms and and follow the direction arrows. My heart was pumping fast! I was worried that I might miss the opportunity to watch the match. I just made a wish. When we arrived at the ticket counter finally, I was glad to know that they still had tickets! My wish came true!

It was quite early for the match so we decided to go back to the car and do some window shopping. After an hour or two of waiting in vain, we got back to the stadium and went through the security. I did a few activities outside the stadium like free kicks and face painting.

As we entered the arena, the players starting to warm up for the big game. I just watched the as they performed their interesting skills as I drank my soft drinks under the shining hot sun!

_DSC6909 The Second Day in Wellington (Part 2)

DSC_1316 The Second Day in Wellington (Part 2) _DSC6913The Second Day in Wellington (Part 2)

At 4.30pm the match finally began, starting with the ceremony and all that. As time passed, it was starting to be a scoreless draw. However, one of the strikers from the team Senegal scored a goal at the seventy-first minute. So our predictions were wrong! And it was all lost for team Uzbekistan since there was only eleven minutes left. But they didn’t give up. They tried their best until to the last seconds of the game.

As the referee blew his whistle to announce that the match has ended, all the players shook hands to show sportsmanship. We left the stadium in happiness.

Before ending our tiring, long and exciting day, we had a family dinner at mom’s friend’s house. It’s quite near from the stadium, we drove less than 15 minutes to reach their place. We reached their place around 7pm and it was already quite dark. For the first time in my life I saw the most number of stars ever! The glittering sky was beautiful!

When they opened their door, I shared the flags that I’ve gotten from the stadium to their kids. Their names are Macoy, Mira and Marcus. In no time, we started to play their Xbox games. Though many of the games were about fighting, surprisingly I enjoyed them. I also got a chance to play with their pet dog. I guess he liked me since he licked me before we left their house. We had a wonderful dinner and I had a great time playing with their kids!

_DSC6927 The Second Day in Wellington (Part 2) _DSC6928 The Second Day in Wellington (Part 2)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s